UN Foundation’s Girl Up Campaign
UN Foundation’s Girl Up program in Guatemala protects and empowers marginalized girls, while placing emphasis on delaying early marriage and pregnancy through targeted educational programs, including economic and life skills training.
- Train up to 50 peer mentors (older female role models) across 200 communities in Guatemala
- Set up weekly meetings at designated safe spaces for adolescent girls to meet in the community
- Provide adolescent girls at risk of child marriage with economic literacy courses, skills training, and health information
- Recruit and train additional teachers to provide educational programs to adolescent girls who are not attending school
- USD 50.00 will support a young woman's participation in a Girl Up educational program for a year